While the GRE is an admissions requirement for most programs in the U.S., there are a select few that do not require the exam. Here is a sample of ten programs that are test-optional across a variety of disciplines.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Cambridge, MA): School of Media Arts and Sciences
- Syracuse University (Syracuse, NY): Newhouse School of Public Communication, Whitman School of Management
- Columbia University (New York, NY): School of the Arts
- Cornell University (Ithaca, NY): Sage School of Philosophy
- University of California, Berkeley (Berkeley, CA): Graduate School of Journalism
- Purdue University (West Lafayette, IN) M.S. in Computer Science
- Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, MD): School of Education
- Villanova University (Villanova, PA): College of Engineering
- University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA): Master of Environmental Studies
- University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA): Master of Education Administration
For students concerned with the impact of their GRE score, consider a test-optional program within your intended area of study. Want to learn more? Schedule your complimentary admissions consultation today.